OVERALL BENEFITS OF THE eUP CORE SYSTEMS
Users will be able to track the status of their requests as they move through the system, and supervisors will be able to check the performance of their units. Analytical reports will be available to help decision makers evaluate the performance of the University in meeting its goals. Errors in data and operations will be more easily identified and corrected.
The use of automation will speed up processing of requests and improve accuracy by computerizing processes that involve calculations. It will enable work to be done from anywhere in the world via the Internet. UP faculty and staff will be freed from tedious and repetitive processes, enabling them to spend more time on analysis, research, personal interactions, and similar activities. Savings will come from improved efficiency as well as reduced use of paper.
Reports will be available to decision-makers whenever they are needed, and based on updated data. Authorized users will be able to access integrated reports that combine data from all CUs, yet also be able to drill down to details. It will be possible to create integrated reports using student, employee and financial data combined.
The University’s business processes were analyzed prior to implementation in the core systems. The various practices across the CUs were standardized and simplified whenever possible.
SAIS-Student Academic Information System
- More efficient enrollment process, reduction in long lines of students. Registration is done mostly via student self-service.
- Access to comprehensive student records including grades, financial records, etc.
- Increased efficiency and productivity due to use of online processes.
- Real-time access to enrollment data such as over- and under-subscribed courses, which can help in decisions to open new classes, close others, etc.
- Access to data across CUs (when authorized) which will facilitate cross-registration, transfers, application for graduate studies, etc.
- Ability to manage scholarships and financial aid.
- Timely generation of consolidated reports as well as reports organized by CU, college, major, etc. which can be made available to all authorized personnel.
- Availability of advising tools, evaluation tools, and communication tools.
HRIS – Human Resource Information System
- Complete and accurate employee data, which can be accessed by employees and authorized HR personnel at any time.
- Ability to generate timely and accurate reports. These include consolidated reports covering the entire University, as well as reports organized by various criteria such as by CU, by College, by position, by date of employment, etc. These reports can be made easily available to authorized personnel.
- Faster and easier generation of payroll. Ability of employees to see their payroll details including benefits earned, deductions, etc.
- Faster, more efficient and paperless processes. Employees will be able to track the progress of their applications. Processes can be monitored to determine bottlenecks.
- Generation of reports that combine employee and student data, such as faculty-student ratios.